DACA-DREAMers on the Move

Written by Carmen Cornejo

If you have been granted DACA – Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals – and you are moving to a new address, it is your responsibility to notify the following agencies as soon as possible:

1. United States Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS)

2. Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) for driver’s licenses and/or ID

3. If you are male and under 26 years, the Selective Service System.

United States Citizen and Immigration Services
Why is important to notify USCIS? You need to be on constant alert for possible notifications. If you are renewing your DACA and expect a new EAD, the document may arrive to your old address, get lost, and you will need to pay $465 again!

Here is the link with useful information on how to make a change of address with USCIS.

Here is the direct link to input a change of address with USCIS. If the link appears in Spanish, please change to English following the link in the top left corner, just under the menu bar.

Motor Vehicle Division: Arizona Driver’s License and Arizona ID Holders
Arizona law requires all driver’s license and identification card holders to update any change of address to the MVD within 10 days. Click here for more information.

Click here for the direct link for the change of address process.

Selective Service System
All males 18 to 25 years old with or without DACA need to update their information with the Selective Service System. It is the law.

Here is the link to make the change.

Read more about the Selective Service System by following this link.